Yup, Daiyun was born in 1931 in Guiyang, Guizhou Province, PRC. Her academic appointments include: Professor and Doctoral Advisor of Comparative Literature and of Modern Chinese Literature in the Department of Chinese Language and Literature at Peking University; Distinguished Professor at Beijing Foreign Studies University; Chair of the Center for Cross-cultural Studies (CCS) at Peking University; Editor-in-Chief of Dialogue Transculturel (a journal co-sponsored by Chinese and French academic institutions).
λ Professor and Doctoral Advisor of Comparative Literature and of Modern Chinese Literature, Department of Chinese Language and Literature, Peking University
λ Distinguished Professor, Beijing Foreign Studies University
λ Chair, Center for Cross-Cultural Studies (CCS), Peking University
λ Editor-in-Chief of Dialogue Transculturel (a journal co-sponsored by Chinese and French academic institutions)
λ Head, Institute of Comparative Literature and Comparative Culture (1984-1998)
λ Vice President, International Comparative Literature Association (1990-1997)
λ President, Chinese Comparative Literature Association
Honors and Awards
λ Honorary Doctorate of Letters, McMaster University, Canada, May 1990.
λ Honorary Doctorate, Kansai University, 2006.
λ Lifetime Achievement Award, Chinese Comparative Literature Association, 2015.
λ Huilin Prize for Culture, Academy for International Communication of Chinese Culture, 2016.
λ Visiting scholar at McMaster University, University of Hong Kong, University of Melbourne, Leiden University, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Stanford University as a visiting professor.
1) Bijiao wenxue yuanli (Fundamentals of Comparative Literature)
2) Bijiao wenxue yu zhongguo xiandai wenxue (Comparative Literature and Modern Chinese Literature)
3) Zhongguo zhishi fenzi de xing yu shen (The Image and Spirit of Chinese Intellectuals)
4) Kuawenhua zhi qiao (The Cross-Cultural Bridge)
5) Intellectuals in Chinese Fiction
6) Comparative Literature and China: Overseas Lectures by Yue Daiyun
7) Genzong bijiao wenxue xuke de fuxing zhi lu (Road to Revival: A Study of the Development of Comparative Literature in China)
8) Dangdai mingjia xueshu sixiang wenku: Yue Daiyun juan (Thoughts of Contemporary Chinese Scholars: Volume of the Selected Essays of Yue Daiyun)
9) Niepan yu zaisheng: zai duoyuan chonggou zhong fuxing (Nirvana and Rebirth: Reconstruction and Revival of Chinese Culture in the Multicultural Era)
10) Duoyuan wenhua zhong de zhongguo sixiang: 21 shiji kuawenhua liutong 16 jiang (Chinese Thought in the Multicultural Era: 16 Lectures on Cross-Cultural Communication in the 21st Century)
11) Ziran (Nature. Versions in Chinese, French, and Italian available)
12) To the Storm (Versions in English, German, and Japanese available)
13) Wo jiushi wo: zhe lishi shuyu wo ziji (I Am Who I Am: My Personal History)
14) Touguo lishi de yanchen (Through the Mist of History. Selected Essays of Yue Daiyun)
15) Juese shuang feng (Maples Leaves with Stunning Beauty.Selected Essays of Yue Daiyun)
16) Siyuan, shatan, weiminghu (The Fourth Courtyard, Sandbeach, and Weiminghu Lake. Selected Essays of Yue Daiyun)
17) Shishui yu liuguang (Things Gone with the Time. Selected Essays of Yue Daiyun)
18) Qing xishui, manman liu (Clear Brook, Flow Slowly. Selected Essays of Yue Daiyun)
19) Yue Daiyun sanwen ji (Selected Essays of Yue Daiyun)
20) Where to Find the Way Back Home.
2. Books edited
1) Shijie shixue dacidian (A Dictionary of World Poetics. Co-edited with Ye Lang and Ni Peigeng)
2) Zhong xue xi jian zhuanti (The Introduction of Chinese Culture to the West. 8 volumes)
3) Kuawenhua goutong ge’an congshu (Cases of Cross-Cultural Communication. 14 volumes)
4) Dialogue Transculturel (34 volumes).